Thursday, March 12, 2009

Make. Pi Appliqued T-Shirt

Pi Applique Shirt

My daughter's birthday is Pi Day (3.14). Since both of her parents are certifiable geeks, I had to make her a Pi shirt.

I did a tutorial on fabric applique letters earlier this year but I've got a few more pictures this time so I thought I'd go over it again.

Pi Applique Tutorial

Supplies:

Heat n' Bond
Fabric cut to 6" X 6"
Iron
Scissors
T-shirt
Pi Pattern

The pi symbol I used was printed out at 75%. It prints out to roughly 5" X 5". Cut it out to make your template.


Pi Applique Tutorial

I made several appliques so I have a long strip of fabric. Add the heat n' bond to your fabric. Once it is cool, peel away the paper.


Pi Applique Tutorial

I just pinned my paper template directly onto the fabric. If you prefer to trace, place the template upside-down on the wrong side of the fabric.

Cut out your shape.

Pi Applique Shirt

All that's left is to iron it on!

I made a few extra appliques to put in my etsy shop. It is just the iron-on symbol (not the t-shirt) and it is ready for you to put on anything you'd like! You can have a pi tote bag or make a cute onesie for your favorite math wiz's kid.

Labels: , , , ,

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Bookmark and Share

5 Comments:

Blogger Musings from Me said...

I love that shirt. So cute. Great for math day at school or numbers day. Very creative.

@musingsfromme

6:51 PM  
Blogger Sarah M said...

so cute! What a great idea!

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great shirt! What was Carl's reaction to the idea and the result? Eva is such a cute model.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Artsnark said...

MMM....PI....
Very cute ;D

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute idea! I love using the iron on transfer paper for shirts and tote bags. I use my digi scrapbooking stuff to make designs and sayings.

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home