Monday, February 23, 2009

Make. Fat Quarter Handbag

*Follow the link to vote for this month's Christy's Craft Challenge*
*SIGN UP FOR MARCH! Deadline 2/25. Only $5 here*



Not only is this a great project to do, it is my submission for Christy's Craft Challenge. I made this bag using the tutorial found at Sew, Mama, Sew. The supplies listed in the picture are only the ones I used to make the embellishment. To make the bag you will need:

2 fat quarters
fusible interfacing
purse handles
magnetic snap

This was a great tutorial and I had no problem following along. My purse came out so well that as soon as I was finished, I loaded my essentials and went to town.

My flower embellishment includes all of the supplies from the craft challenge (listed above). I ran wrapping paper, felt, and the cotton pad through my Big Kick machine to make the flower. I added the tulle and the pom pom to the top. The pipe cleaner is holding it all together at the back.

I love the bright, cheery colors, and the handbag is destined to be one of my favorites.

Check out the flickr group to add your own projects or to see what others have made.

Labels: , , , ,

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger MandMStudio said...

Cute purse:) I love the fabric you used, I'm in the middle of making a quilt with that fabric.

2:39 AM  
Blogger Heather S. said...

What is a fat quarter?

5:49 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

A fat quarter is a cut of fabric that measures 18" X 22". Usually a quarter of a yard of fabric is 9" X 44" but if you cut it the other way, and then in half...it becomes a fat quarter.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home