Saturday, February 14, 2009

Learn. How to Make a Pendant With Hodgepodge Hardware

Hodgepodge Hardware Pendant

I was inspired to make a pendant using hodgepodge hardware from Stampin' UP after seeing such great pendants popping up all over the place. I didn't really know what I was doing and I was winging it. Considering my lack of plan, I think it turned out really well.

Hodgepodge Hardware Pendant

Supplies used:

2 pieces oval hodgepodge hardware in silver
2 brads from the hodgepodge hardware were also used to hold it together while it dried
small scrap of double sided designer paper
chipboard heart
classic ink (color rose red)
crystal effects
marker


The great thing about this kind of pendant is that they should really be designed to be one of a kind. So, think of these instructions as a guide to help you create a pendant that is perfect for you!

The first thing you'll want to do is cut your paper to fit inside the hardware. You can embellish it however you please. This would be really cute as an initial pendant, too. I chose a chipboard heart. I used my stamp ink to color it red and then adhered it to the paper using crystal effects.

At this time, I sandwiched the paper in between the hardware and began filling the oval (with the chipboard heart) with crystal effects. If you do this slowly, it will pool and make a glassy smooth finish. To hold the pieces of hardware together, I put two brads in the holes.

Set it aside to dry.

Hodgepodge Hardware Pendant (reverse side)

The next day I worked on the reverse side. This can be a truly reversible pendant and that is why I chose double sided paper. I only had to use one small scrap to make this. I took a marker and wrote the word "Love" on the back. I then did the same thing with the crystal effects as the other side and filled in the oval. I set that aside to dry.

This is a fun project to let your creativity run wild. Turn your hardware the other way and add beads to the bottom to have a dangling pendant. Use the square hardware for a completely different look. Instead of adding a chain, use your beading skills and make your own necklace to match.

Inspired to make your own? Share pictures of your finished project here.

Labels: , , , , ,

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger wendysue said...

Super Cute Christy!!

11:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love it!

11:50 PM  
Blogger Gwen Mangelson said...

What an awesome idea! You rock!

thanks for the inspiration!

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home