Thursday, February 05, 2009

Make. Quilted Coasters

Quilted Coaster Set

I needed to make a quick wedding gift for one of my husband's students. I thought some coasters would be a nice, useful gift. Since I don't know what her home looks like, I chose red and black. This might not seem like a logical choice but those are the University colors and she's from China so the red signifies good luck. I made six coasters from 2 coordinating fat quarters.


Quilted Coaster Set

This is to show you why I still pay other people to sew for me most of the time. This isn't even the worst one. Oh well. On the other side, you can hardly tell. They are reversible!

Quilted Coaster Set

I based these loosely on the pattern found in the book, Last-Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts.
I just cut out 5 X 5 squares, seamed them up right sides together with a piece of low loft batting, turned them right side out and started stitching around to quilt it. All total they probably took just over an hour to do.

Feel like making some yourself? Post pictures of your finished project at my flickr group.

Labels: , , , ,

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Blogger kelly o! said...

Nice work! I just got that book a couple of days ago and I *love* it! Beautiful and inspiring. (Reminds me of you.)

k

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home