Saturday, January 31, 2009

Make. Candy Cane Hearts

Candy Cane Hearts

I think I've found the most inexpensive valentine treat ever. I made 43 candy cane hearts for under $1. Total. These will be just perfect for all of the cute kids in class with my kids.

Candy Cane Hearts

I found the mini candy canes on clearance at CVS for $.19 a box. I bought two boxes of 50 candy canes each. Some of the candy canes were broken and or not quite the right shape so I ended up with 43 favors.

In addition to the candy canes, I used some gingham ribbon, white and red cardstock, and a heart stamp. A scallop punch and some smaller circle punches came in handy while making the tag.

This wasn't the most ideal craft to make with the kids. It uses a glue gun which isn't exactly kid friendly.

Candy Cane Hearts

You glue the candy canes together to form a heart shape and let cool for a minute. Then, they are ready to embellish. The kids helped me punch put the scallops and they wrote their names on the back of the tags.

I've seen projects like this before where you just glue directly onto the candy cane to make a heart but then you can't eat it. With these individually wrapped candy canes, they will be a treat that the kids can enjoy later!

Share your finished projects here at my flickr group!

Labels: , , ,

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home