Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Make. Simplicity Pattern 4206 Skirt

Simplicity Pattern 4206 Skirt C

I realized last week that my daughter was getting too tall for most of her dresses. I looked at a few stores and couldn't find any dresses! So, I decided to get down with my crafty self and make some. Sewing is a skill I'm working on. I wouldn't say I'm proficient by any means. But, I get by. I'm not scared to try new things.



Last week I bought the Simplicity Pattern 4206. They were on sale for $.99 and it is a Simplicity Sewing Pattern for Dummies. Each item takes less than 1 yard of fabric and I knew I had some stash I could use.

The pattern for the three tiered skirt was super simple to follow. I'm sure that sewers more intuitive and experienced than I probably could have made this skirt without a pattern. I was glad to have the guidance.

Including the cost of the pattern, this outfit cost under $6. Trying to convince my daughter that she needs to take off her new favorite outfit to go to bed? Priceless.

Tomorrow I'll post the information for doing the fusible letter on the shirt.

Labels: , ,

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger Melessa Gregg said...

Very cute! (The girl AND the outfit!)

8:03 PM  
Blogger kelly o! said...

Great outfit! She looks thrilled!! Now she'll want a new outfit every day. Go you!

8:33 PM  
Blogger Carl Nelson said...

great pose - she's a natural

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home