Friday, January 23, 2009

Learn. How to Cast On Knitting School Lesson 3

Know that you have your yarn and needles for our project, you should be ready to cast on.

I thought I would be able to make video tutorials of me making the project along with you but I haven't had another person at home with me to film and my little flip on a tripod wasn't going to cut it. Instead, I found some great videos online that I can share with you.

There are all types of cast ons in knitting. If you already know how to cast on, by all means, cast on how you were taught. For this project, I found the easiest cast on videos I could find for both right handed knitters and left handed knitters.

For the cowl, you'll want to cast on 40 stitches.

How to Cast On Knitting Right-Handed



How to Cast on Knitting Left-Handed




Once you have cast on your 40 stitches, set it aside. I'll be posting the next lesson (the knit stitch and knitting in the round) soon.

Labels: , , , ,

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home