Wednesday, May 27, 2009

May Craft Challenge Reminder

Your craft challenge entries are due today!  I think my "harsh" words on the instruction sheet worked because a record number of you finished early!  You even inspired me to get mine finished before the deadline.  It took me a couple of tries to get something that worked, but here is what I came up with.  IMG_2052

This is just a little wall hanging I made for my daughter.  I used the middle part of the silk flower as the sun.  My fancy stitches on my sewing machine came in handy for my flower stems.  And, the paper was stitched on as grass. 

My first attempt was to have this in an embroidery hoop and using the wire as the stems.  This was a bad idea and now I'm wishing I took some pictures before I ripped it apart. 

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else creates this month!  If you don't have your pictures uploaded to the flickr group yet, make sure you do that.  If you've emailed them to me already, that's fine too. 

Remember: you are competing for a prize pack from the Lincoln Handmade Etsy team.  This will be full of handmade goodies that you're sure to love! 

Voting starts tomorrow and will only run through Friday night.  I'll announce winners on Saturday.

If you'd like to participate in next month's challenge or buy a longer subscription (at a discount!), you can purchase those in the etsy shop

Labels: , , ,

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Mandy said...

I just uploaded my pics! Sorry they are so blurry. I really need a photography class...or a better camera. :D

6:26 PM  
Blogger Spool {} said...

How cute! I love the little seeds!

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home