Friday, May 15, 2009

Make. Mini Patchfolio

IMG_2021 I've had the mini patchfolio pattern as a favorite in my bookmarks for some time now.  But, I couldn't justify the $12 price tag for a pattern.  However, just a few days ago I decided that I loved it so much that I needed to have it.  I bought the small books pattern that includes three different projects. 

First off, let me just say that the patterns are well written and beautiful.  I ordered it on a Wednesday morning and by Thursday morning the pattern had arrived in the mail.  Granted, it was just coming a few states away but to have a one day turnaround was amazing to me! 

These patchfolios are meant for the jr. legal pads you can find at office supply stores.  Part of the reason I wanted this pattern is because I have two packs of these (about 24 pads) hanging around my house and I thought they would make cute teacher gifts.

IMG_2022 I made this one to match the bag I made back in February.   It just so happens to match the belt I made, too.  The other patchfolio I made using red gingham.  I thought that would be a good choice for a generic gift sometime.  Living in Nebraska, you can never go wrong with something red.

The craft apple patterns are now licensed to allow for sales.  You can make up a batch or two and sell them at craft fairs or in your etsy shops.  They are quick enough to make and take less than 3 fat quarters to make.  In fact, I might place some in my shop once I get the technique down a little better.  All in all, this pattern gets a thumbs up from me!

Labels: , , , , ,

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger kelly o! said...

They are so cute! What a great teacher gift idea, too!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Crafterella said...

Those are super cute, I love portfolios and organizers. It's great that you can sell them, I bet they would do well at craft shows.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh yes these are great teacher's gifts! I would love to get one as a teacher, and I may have to order the patterns to make some for friends!

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home