Monday, May 04, 2009

Stuff I Like. Garage Sale Finds and a Bedroom Redesign.

A neighbor had a garage sale.  I drove by not planning to stop.  Then I saw something totally awesome.  IMG_1964This is made out of carpet and plywood.  It is almost 4 feet tall and over 5 feet wide.  I absolutely fell in love with it and knew I had to have it.  It is now MINE, all MINE! 

I actually used this in a room redesign (I use the redesign term loosely) for my son.  His bedroom was kind of a cluttered mess and he didn't spend a lot of time in there.  I wanted to make him a place where he could go and play and take a break.  So, we reorganized his room a bit.IMG_1945

This is what the room looked like before.  We had a computer desk in there and the bed was in the corner.  That wall to the left is where we hung the US carpet map. 

We moved the bed and took the computer out of there (it didn't work anymore).  Now there is so much more room to play.IMG_1965

  Here is the after shot of that same corner.  The bed is now along that back wall where the computer used to be.  I put our awesome OU Sooner bean bag in the corner and made that corner into a little reading nook. 

I think he really likes it and I do, too!

I entered this before and after into a design challenge over at Fresh Nest Designs.   Why don't you go and check out what everyone else did?  I hope this wasn't too amateurish for the challenge but I'd appreciate a vote or two, as well.  Thanks! 

Labels:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Anonymous Stacey said...

That is so cool! I wonder what made someone think to make a map of the US out of carpet scraps.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Ohhhh I go crazy for garage sales! I don't share your affinity for the carpet map...but I can see why you would :) Great job on the room change. I always loved changing my room around as a kid. It's refreshing!

10:52 PM  
Blogger Connie~ said...

The map is kool, but where is Alaska and Hawaii!?!?!? When I was a kid, my mom made a lion rug with scraps of carpet for my brothers room that was awesome. Fun ideas!

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home