Saturday, August 01, 2009

BlogHer 09 Recap Part I

You know?  BlogHer was fun.  There were things I didn't like about it but the good more than outweighed the bad. I always regret not taking more pictures.  But I also don't regret the fact that I wasn't behind a camera all day.  Here you have some pictures and my thoughts.

IMG_2323

Here I am with Erin from Schlosser Designs and Sarah from All Hail Queen Mommy.  I sat by Sarah on the way to the Ford Ride & Drive event.  As we talked throughout the day we realized how much we have in common.  Plus, she totally used to live in the town where I taught high school so we know a lot of the same people.  Let's dismiss the fact that had she still lived there, she is young enough to have been one of my students.

IMG_2330

 

Speaking of my students, I'm sure most of them were made to watch a little show I happen to love called Mexico: One Plate at a Time.  You know who made that show?  RICK BAYLESS!  Who is my favorite celebrity chef of all time?  RICK BAYLESS!  Who was at BlogHer?  RICK BAYLESS!  Who took hauled her cookbook all the way to Chicago?  ME!  It was great to chat with him and be a dork going on and on about how much I love him.

IMG_2331

There were several people I wanted to meet at BlogHer and one of them was Andi from Udandi.  We follow each other on twitter and have had some good crafty conversations on there.  It is often serendipitous to be able to find someone in a sea of bloggers.  Lucky for us, we happened to choose to go to the restroom at the same time. 

 

IMG_2332

BlogHer isn't really a crafty scene but there was one really cool demo in the Shutter Sisters lounge that we had to check out!  Design Mom was demonstrating the Yudu.  I even won one of them!  I'll be putting that baby to good use around here.  She's making a tote bag that says, "Oh. My. Blog."  Perfect.  I love that bag. 

 

IMG_2337

 

Dave Lieberman did a great cooking demo.  I was front and center and got to eat a sample.  Yum.  Paula Deen was there the next day but the crowd was unbelievable so I didn't head over there. 

That night we headed out for a couple of parties.  Erin and I attended the EA
Sports Interactive party at the House of Blues.  The party was nice.  The food was great!  The limo shuttle was a blast!  It was there where we really got a chance to know Mummy Deals and Coupon Geek

IMG_2341

We hit a couple more parties and we hung out a bit with Jenny from the Spot at the Mommy Needs a Cocktail party.  This picture tells me many things: 

1. I think I need bangs again.

2. I must find a powder that lasts all day.

3. It's time to get back on WW.

The next day was even more jam packed with goodness!   Stay tuned for Part II.

Labels: , , , , ,

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger Maren said...

All of these BlogHer updates make me wish I had gone. Pesky nursing baby. Maybe if I save my shekels I can go next year? (Would a nobody mommy blogger like myself be comfortable there?)

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Janet said...

What's a yudu? Sounds like you had a blast.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

Maren- you would totally fit in at BlogHer! It is Aug 5-7 in NYC next year! Mark it on your calendar.

However...the Mom 2.0 Summit is much better (in my opinion). That's in Houston in Feb.

Janet-- a Yudu is the screenprinting machine that is in the picture.

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap, I love Dave Leiberman!!!!

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home