Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Make. Princess Crown for Christy's Craft Challenge

Eva's birthday Crown

Today I thought I'd share what I made for this month's craft challenge. If you signed up for the challenge this month, you have a little less than a week (Mar 24th) to get your pictures to me. Let this serve as a warning! If you're finished...send me your pictures already!

The five supplies from this month are: easter eggs, curling ribbon, fabric, buttons, and pearls. My daughter's birthday was last weekend and she wanted a princess crown. I figured that if I was going to make her one, I might as well use my craft challenge supplies!

I folded the fabric in half and cut out the basic design you see. I just free-handed it. After that, I used some embroidery floss to sew all my little goodies onto one of the layers. I cut the easter egg into bits and punched a hole in the middle (thank you Crop-a-dile). I cut a few pieces of curling ribbon and pulled them through the fabric with a needle. The buttons and pearls were sewn on. There was no rhyme or reason to the layout or placement. In fact, I just reached into the bag and attached whatever I pulled out.

Birthday Princess

I then took both layers to the sewing machine and sewed around the edges. I thought having raw edges would look good with this project so I didn't even bother doing it inside out. I left a small hole in the bottom for some stuffing. I added the poly-fill and then seamed up the bottom. I used a glue gun to attach it to a fabric covered hairband. She absolutely loves her princess crown!

Want to participate in next month's challenge? You can enter to win a 3 month subscription by commenting on this post. Or you can buy your own at my shop. You have until March 27th to purchase a packet for April. The prize sponsor for next month is Schlosser Designs. Don't miss out!

Submitted to Lazy Organizer's Talk About Tuesday

Labels: , , , ,

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Lara said...

How fun!

2:04 PM  
Blogger Erin S. said...

I'm excited about the giveaway! I can't wait to share my stamps with a lucky crafter!
Erin-Schlosser Designs

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home