Monday, June 29, 2009

Make. Refashioned Curtains

I spent last week at my mom's house.  She bought a brand new Baby Lock sewing machine and was anxious to use it.  Her first project were curtains. 

IMG_2139She had a bed skirt from her bedroom set that she wasn't using and she loved the colors.  So, she cut it up!  IMG_2138

She cut off the fabric sides and added interfacing to the back to make them a little stiffer.   

In this photo you see how she ironed on the interfacing. 

She folded over the top and sewed it shut to make a casing for the curtain rod.

The biggest part of her project was making her side panels.  These weren't difficult, just a little bulky to work with. 

1st grace project002I think they turned out great!   I'm sure that new sewing machine is going to see a lot of use.

Have you ever used a bed skirt for any other purpose?

Labels: , , , , ,

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Bookmark and Share

5 Comments:

Anonymous Deanna said...

So far I have just used a bedskirt to make a valance for my kitchen...I have more of it that I plan to use to make a matching skirt for the utility cart...if I ever get around to it.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Your Mom did a great job! I haven't done anything with a bedskirt...yet.

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Jacqueline Noble said...

Great idea! Guess that is why she has a crafty daughter!

3:20 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

Oh wow! I like how that turned out! I have never even THOUGHT about using a bed skirt for any other purpose. ...until now that is! Now I'm eyeing all my windows to see if they need some curtains! :)

9:33 PM  
Blogger kelly o! said...

The valance and curtains look terrific! Great job!

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home