Friday, July 17, 2009

Dish Rag Tag III

For the past couple of years I've participated in Dish Rag Tag.  It is a knitting relay race and all you have to do is knit a dish rag.  The cotton and usually a few small goodies arrive in a box and you knit that dish rag as fast as you can.  This year a pattern is going to be provided.

The first year I was a team captain and our team won!  It was super fun and I'm still in contact with some of my teammates.  I've been super impressed with the way Emily at Yarn Miracle runs this event.  It is so well organized.  To pull something like this off, you have to be!

  

One of the years my dish rag tag box showed up the day I was going to the American Idol concert (Jordin Sparks' season).  I knit faithfully and even got it documented on the red carpet! 

 

Sign ups for Dish Rag Tag III are happening starting August 1st and will close when full or on August 7th.  Save the date!  I haven't decided yet if I'm going to participate or not but it is great fun and I'll cheer you all on should you choose to do it! 

Labels: , ,

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger Shawn said...

You have to join this year. We have to have some local competition, as I will be doing it again this year (hopefully as a captain).

I definitely want to improve on last year's experience. :-)

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Heather said...

Wow, this looks like fantastic fun. I'm going to try my best to sign up & get in when registration opens. Thanks for sharing the info.

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

That's hilarious that you were doing it on the red carpet!! I am so glad we met at Blogher! You need to teach me to knit.

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home