Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Choosing a Summer Knitting Project

 

I've got 11 balls of the Elsebeth Lavold Hempathy taunting me from my yarn closet.  I bought it on a trip to Pennsylvania a couple of years ago and I'm ready to knit it up into a summer tee for me. 

I'm the kind of knitter that picks yarn first and then the project.  I don't always do this but more often than not, this is the case.  This yarn was purchased to make another pattern but now I think a different pattern is calling to me.

This is the Slinky Ribs Pullover from Custom Knits by Wendy Bernard.  It actually calls for an Elsebeth Lavold yarn (Silky Wool).  This hempathy should be a good substitute.  I really want to buy this book.  It has all sorts of great top down patterns and most are sized up to 3X so I can cover even my most ample bosom.  When I checked out some of the other projects on Ravelry (if you knit or crochet and aren't signed up--DO IT NOW!), I noticed that these look really great on a bunch of different body types and the pattern is written so you can alter the sleeves to any length you would like. 

My knitting has started to fall by the wayside.  I am definitely in need of a new project like this to motivate me to pick up the sticks again. 

Do you have any projects you're planning for the warmer weather?

Labels: , , ,

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Bookmark and Share

6 Comments:

Blogger Lori R said...

Now Christy, tell the truth...you really want this book because of the shirtless dude in the background! ;)
Knitting is beyond me--more power to you! My project will probably be more quilty related :)

2:58 PM  
Blogger buttercup said...

That is a beautiful sweater. I noticed the shortless guy too. lol.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

I'm totally going to have to recreate this photo when my sweater if finished! I wonder if my very skinny husband will pose for it? :)

3:18 PM  
Anonymous theresa said...

Beautiful! I can't wait to see yours. Inspires me to find something summery to knit for me! :o)

4:26 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

I didn't even notice the guy in the background. How funny!

I do want to see Carl and you in a similar photo when it is done.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Maren said...

Oooh - I think that top is so cute! I am always impressed that you can make such cute shirts and sweaters and such.

Oh, and the ample bosom comments always make me smile, because I have the exact opposite problem. My shirts/bathing suits/dresses are always too large on top. *sigh* Perhaps I'll have to start making my own clothes. (haha)

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home