Sunday, April 12, 2009

Make. Leftover Easter Candy Treats

This year I didn't do Easter baskets for the kids.  I took them to an Easter egg hunt yesterday and the limit was 12 eggs per kid.  This was plenty of candy for the kids and they don't mind.  We don't really make a big deal about the Easter bunny around here. 

whoppereggsI prefer the week after Easter.  You can go and stock up on some of your favorite Easter time candies at a discount.  These Whopper mini robin eggs are some of my favorites.   If I find them on sale, I snatch them up.  However, after a while I get sick of them and I began to think of other ways to use them.  This is my favorite idea.  I prefer to do this recipe with the chocolate flavored robin eggs.

Whopper Mini Robin Eggs Malted Milkshake

handful of Whopper Mini Robin Eggs

Vanilla ice cream, 2-3 scoops

Milk, until your favorite consistency

Stick it all in a blender and blend it until it is the consistency you like it.  Sometimes I chop up some extra robin eggs to make it like a candied shake.  Or, you can garnish the top with the whopper eggs, as well. 

If you like malted milkshakes, you can't go wrong here.  2409132487_0b6c204da0

Peeps

Do you have any leftover Peeps?  How about dipped Peeps or chocolate fondue?

WHORANGE posted a lovely recipe for chocolate fondue after Easter last year. 

Or, why not try Peep smores?  I like putting a Peep in my hot chocolate. 

Who says you have to eat Peeps?  Why not craft with them?   Or not. 

Do you have any favorite leftover Easter candy treats that you make? 

Labels: , , , , ,

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger MandMStudio said...

Well now I have to go buy peeps:)

4:07 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Hmmmmm....I don't normally like peeps, but this intrigues me!! I may have to try that!

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home