Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Learn. How to Subscribe to Blogs and Be My Biggest Fan.

I've had several people ask me lately what I mean when I tell them they can subscribe to my blog.  There are a few options and I'm going to show you step by step how to do it.

1. Subscribe via email.  If you don't use a subscription service like Google Reader, this is an excellent option.  All you do is enter your email address over there in my sidebar.  subscribertute 

Underneath the twitter bird is an area for you to enter your email address.  Click subscribe and that is it!  My blog posts will show up in your email inbox once each day that I post. 

 

2.  Google Reader.  This is one of my favorite web tools.  readertute I manage all of my blog subscriptions this way.  Google Reader shows me when my favorite blogs have updated so I don't have to take the time to go through bookmarks or remember which blogs I want to read. 

In the upper left underneath the logo, you click on add a subscription.  You can type in the blog address and you're set!  You can organize your subscriptions by categories too.  That comes in handy if you've got a long list of blogs you like to keep up with. 

If you click on the "Follow Me" buttons found on a lot of blogs these days, all of those can be managed in Google Reader as well.  subscribe

I use this handy little bookmark tool.  If you click on Settings (top right) when you are in your google reader, you'll see a bunch of options.  Click on "Goodies" and you'll see this one!  Subscribe as you surf!  All you do is drag that bookmarklet up to your tool bar and anytime you're browsing around and see a site you'd like to subscribe to you just click on that and it will automatically add it to your reader!  Fancy, eh?

christy-tag300px3.  Be My Fan!  

Another way to keep on top of the latest blog posts is to be my fan on Facebook.  If you have a facebook profile,  my blog posts will show up in your status updates.  I've also got a few fun things in the works just for my facebook fans (think craft swag!) so become my fan on my brand new page! 

I hope this was helpful and you're all on your way subscribing to some great new blogs.  I'd love to add your blog to my google reader!  Share the link in the comments.

Labels: , , ,

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Anonymous Janet said...

Thanks, Christy. I always appreciate learning new ways to let the Internet simplify (rather than complicate) my life.

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home