Monday, June 08, 2009

Make. Pleated Purse

IMG_2063

This is the pleated purse pattern from My Spare Time.  True to form, I made a few modifications.  However, the main sections of the bag are straight from the pattern.IMG_2064

Modifications:

I changed the pleats.  I wanted the pleats to all be in the middle.  I just like the way that looks.

I used a contrasting color for the top instead of the same outer fabric. 

 

IMG_2066

The added a little bit of stitching to the pockets so they would have some compartments.  I stitched right down the middle on one of the them and a little off to one side for the other. 

There is quite a bit of room in this bag considering it doesn't use a lot of fabric. 

 

For next time:  I am planning on making more of these bags.  There isn't a lot I would change, but one thing I would do is add interfacing to the outer top.  The magnet fastener is a little heavy and I think it would help keep the top of the bag from sagging in.

Labels: , , , , ,

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Bookmark and Share

5 Comments:

Blogger wendysue said...

It really is the cutest thing ever. I love all the little pockets inside too!!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Love it! So freakin' AWESOME!!

1:39 PM  
Blogger Erin S. said...

Love the pleats! Great fabric selection too!

8:04 PM  
Blogger kraftykash said...

This is great! I love it!!

3:29 PM  
Blogger amybluestar said...

How adorable! I love it very much. Great fabric.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home