Sunday, June 07, 2009

Make. Drunken Argyle Sweater Vest Still in Progress

I thought it was time for a "state of the sweater vest" posts.  A few weeks ago, I gave an update on how things were coming along.  I also set a goal for myself to have it finished for Father's Day. 

IMG_2077 I'm making progress.  The front is now off the needles.  I'm done with the charts and intarsia.  It is the same size as the back.  Now for the "fun" part.

IMG_2075I have lots and lots of ends to weave in.  I've been working on it last night and for a couple of hours today.  Yep.  Hours.  Slow going.  Lots of ends. 

Once I'm finished with that task, I'll block it.  This just means that I'll get it wet and pin it out to dry in the dimensions that I want it.  It will make my stitches look nicer and be much easier to seam up.

After seaming, I'll have a little bit more knitting to do.  I still have to do the ribbing around the neckline and the armholes.  That should take me too long and I'm starting to think that I really will have this thing done by Father's Day.  Dare I say it?  With plenty of time to spare.  

Labels: , , ,

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany said...

He better wear this sweater A LOT. It's looking good.

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home