Monday, December 22, 2008

Q & A. How Should I Wrap Up Handmade Cards?

This will hopefully be the first of many Q & A sessions here on christynelson.net. The very first question is brought to us by Kristi of the Perkins Clan.

Q: I made some cards for my mom for Christmas, and I'm trying to figure out how to package them. Any suggestion, craft queen?
Thanks!
Kristi

A: What a great question! There are so many great options out there and it can be a little overwhelming. We're talking about standard 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" cards (A2) right now so my suggestions will fit that particular size. However, many of these options can be sized up or down to fit whatever size cards you prefer to make.




1. Card Box. This box was made using the tutorial from Splitcoast Stampers. The tutorial also includes ways that this box can be scaled down for cards of other sizes. This sort of wrapping is also a great idea because you can have the box match the cards and be a part of the actual gift. It is always nice to have something pretty to hold cards.

2. Tote Box. This cute little paper tote is perfect for holding a set of handstamped cards. There is a video tutorial at the Chic N' Scratch Stampin' Academy.

3. Other box templates. This webpage has a list of packaging templates to fill a wide variety of box needs.

saffron thank you set

4. Ribbon. Never underestimate the power of ribbon. Simplicity at its finest. This is how I "wrap" most of my card sets. The reason? I have lots of ribbon and I'm lazy. Actually, by the time I finish making the cards, the last thing I want to do is make something to put them in. I realize that this option isn't always the best choice.


5. Card File Box. Probably not the most attractive option but for sheer functionality, this is a great option. I use one of these in my office to organize all the cards I forget to send out. They come with dividers so you could even label the dividers for the card topics: birthday, thank you, congratulations, get well, etc... I'm sure if you had time, or wanted to, you could fancy up the container a bit.

Do you have a crafty question you'd like me to answer in a blog post? Email me:

christy AT christynelson DOT net

Labels: , , , ,

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I package mine in the cellophane bags from Stampin' Up. 12 cards/envelopes in a big bag and add a bow to the top with a tag dangling!

9:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What an amazing blog. Thank you for creating and sharing!

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home