Wednesday, August 05, 2009

CHA Summer Report: PLAID Simply Screen

I've gone on and on about the YUDU.  I know.  Sorry.  But, frankly, if I hadn't have won it it would have been very hard to justify shelling out the money for one.  Not to mention the space it is going to take up. 

PLAID came up with something really great (and AFFORDABLE!) for those of us that would like to try silkscreening but don't want to invest in a machine.  The only limitations, as far as I can tell, would be that you can't make up your own designs.  You just have to go with what they provide.

cha summer 017 In the package you get an already designed stencil and a squeegee.  It retails for $9.99 and you can use the stencil over and over.  It is tacky on the back and that will eventually wear off but you can still use the stencil if you tape it down.  They can be cleaned off with cold water. 

The paints cost $2.99 (this is from memory) and come in a variety of colors including some metallic shades. 

Basically, all you do is lay down your stencil, pull your paint across the top, lift off the stencil, and you're done!

cha summer 018 This product will be available later this year and I have a feeling it is going to be a huge hit! 

Labels: , , , , ,

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Bookmark and Share

5 Comments:

Blogger Knit Purl Gurl said...

I wonder if they'll make a way to customize stencils and create your own - would LOVE it!

9:09 AM  
Blogger kelly o! said...

Cool! I would think you could probably use other pre-made stencils as well, like those for quilting patterns, or all those "border" stencils from the 80s and 90s!

3:05 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

Maybe you could cut out a stencil on a Cricut??

5:15 PM  
Blogger Barb Smith said...

I use my Cricut to cut stencils out of wax paper then iron them onto fabric to use (works awesomely) or out of transparencies and use quilters basting spray to adhere them to other substrates. Works for me all the time.
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

That's right! I forgot about Toolulu....checking it out right now. Facebook groups vs. fan pages....something I would have never thought of. I will be e-mailing you! How's life otherwise?

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home