Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Make. No Sew Valentine Heart Garland

No Sew Valentine Heart Garland

This heart garland was made because I am mostly a lazy crafter. I wanted to make a little heart garland like some I've seen where they sew paper in a sewing machine. But, I realized that I have blue thread in my machine and I was too lazy to change it. Instead, I came up with a different way to hang my heart garland and I like it a lot!

No Sew Valentine Heart Garland

You need the most basic of supplies. Paper, scissors, ribbon, and a hole punch. I used double sided designer paper and regular red cardstock. I strung them on 1/4" white grosgrain ribbon.

No Sew Valentine Heart Garland

Remember how to cut out hearts? I cut my paper into 3" X 6" pieces (more or less--I stopped measuring after a while) and folded it in half. I just free handed cutting out the hearts. This would be a great project to do with your scissor trained kids. They can cut out hearts all day.

N0 Sew Valentine Heart Garland

When you have your hearts cut out, punch two little holes on the sides. The hole needs to be just big enough to slide the ribbon through. If you wanted to make this a more permanant decoration, I'd recommend putting eyelets in those holes.

No Sew Valentine Heart Garland
String the ribbon through the holes and leave a couple of inches between each heart. All that's left is to find a place to hang it up!

No Sew Valentine Heart Garland

Inspired to make your own heart garland? Share your creation with us here!

Labels: , , , ,

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger kelly o! said...

Super cute garland! It takes a lot of ingenuity to be lazy!

10:47 AM  
Blogger arbee said...

Adorable! These would be a great activity for my AD girls... :)

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home