Monday, August 17, 2009

Make. Twitter Fail Whale Version 1.0

Last night I had to make something.  It had been a while since I've had a moment to actually craft.  I've been working hard trying to catch up after my trips in July and getting things rolling with Toolulu.  Then it hit me.  I should make something that represents where ChristyNelson.net and Toolulu intersect. 

failwhale This is the twitter "Fail Whale".  This image shows up when twitter is down and unfortunately, I've seen that image a lot these past few weeks. 

I thought I'd try to make a crocheted version of this iconic image.  Here is version 1.0. 

IMG_2446This took me about 20 minutes and I was basically  just trying to work out the basic shape.  Over the next few days (weeks?) I hope to bring you a few more versions as I work out the kinks and try to make it super awesome.  Once the fail whale is looking good, I'll add the birds and the net and turn this FAIL into a WIN!

Labels: , , , , , ,

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Bookmark and Share

6 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

I love this! I love it. You so have to bring these to the conference as giveaways. :-)

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Mandy said...

This is so cute - not a fail at all! It's like the fail whale's little brother. Love it!

11:49 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

This is awesome! But you already know this!! ;)

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Brad said...

20 minutes? I'm impressed. Can't wait to see version 2.0!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

LOL! That is fabulous!

1:32 PM  
Blogger Melessa Gregg said...

I think I will have to learn how to crochet so I can make one of these. I'm not kidding, I have a 'how to crochet' book I need to open now that I've returned to that "life of leisure" as a SAHM. (Insert eye roll here)

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home